Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The First

So here it is, the first of many posts to come! I don't know why it has taken me this long. Actually, I do know why...I haven't been able to sit still enough to start a new project with so many other projects going on.

This is for my wonderful friends and family who have been pressuring me to start this so that they can keep up with me and my husband, Bryan after our wedding. Bryan and I are such busy bees. Somehow our calendar is always booked at least a month in advance. However, we still end up not getting everything we have orginally planned done! Does anyone else feel that way? Well, we are so extremely thankful that we have such patient and wonderful friends and family in our lives that love us no matter how MIA we can be. We love you guys!

So what's my first post about? Well, it has to start with one of my favorite additictions of course and the new promotion at Olive Garden for the Neverending Pasta Bowl. First of all, I LOVE to eat and I LOVE pasta... need I say more? My brother and I have never missed going to this promotion, well, actually until this year. You see, my brother has been sent to Poland for work for 3 years. You can imagine the curse words when he received the email for the start of the promotion while he was gone. Never fear little brother, I'll make sure I eat enough for the both of us. Well, every Wednesday our group of friends do a dinner at a different restaurant in the DC Metro area. It's actually a great way for us to keep in touch with our busy friends. You can imagine how psyched I was for this week to be the Neverending Pasta Bowl. It's the best promotion ever! $8.95 for all the pasta and sauce you can consume. Ahhh, bliss. Seriously, I've been looking forward to this day for almost 2 weeks...yeah pathetic, I know! Funny thing is that every time I've gone with our guy friends, they always want to "challenge" me to see who can eat the most bowls. Honestly, there's been no contest LOL. One of Bryan's old roommates is still floored that I consumed 5 bowls in one sitting. It was actually 5 1/2, but I think the 5 was enough to make him less a man for not being able to eat more than a girl. This year, another guy has brought on the challenge for tonight. I'm seriously counting down the minutes until I can leave, I can't wait! I'll be sure to provide an update on how it went :)

How should the first post end? With another addiction..my favorite photo I took of our pup, Tyler. Enjoy!

10 comments:

a real librarian said...

Welcome to the world of blogging!! It's addictive!! I can't wait to read more!! =)

LW said...

Welcome to the blogging addiction! Love the pic of Tyler - he's so cute! :)

Amanda @ Click. The Good News said...

Glad you joined us! That's a LOT of food!!!

Sarah said...

5 bowls of pasta???? thats crazy!!

Sarah Gemba said...

Um I could really use 5 bowls of pasta right about now. Welcome to BlogWorld, Carmencita!

Emily said...

I. LOVE. TYLER. :)

And Carmen too :)

MissRancher said...

mmmmm I used to loooove the chicken alfredo!!! YUM!

shelby said...

You're a pasta eating machine!

Rhonda said...

Wow....5 bowls of pasta? Where do you put it all...you are so tiny!

Me... said...

Welcome to your new addiction!!